Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Walled City of Temples and Trekking


For a city famous for temples and trekking I did a whole lot of drinking and shopping in Chiang Mai. Diane and I visited a stupid number of tailors and dress shops and left empty handed in pursuit my flower girl dress for Holly’s upcoming wedding.
Much better than shopping and drinking was having a massage at the Chiang Mai women’s prison. The massage therapists at the prison are due for release and are involved in a rehabilitation course to improve their employment prospects. Although it was great I was incredibly tired and woke up half way through the massage having my arm pulled around my back and over my head at a very unusual and uncomfortable angle.  I didn’t see much more of Chiang Mai, but all reports were good from other travelers.
 A fairy door in Chiang Mai?




1 comment:

  1. You are so observant! Love the fairy door - the possibilities are endless - child's eye view?

    ReplyDelete